Chemical Chemical Testing
Ensure your products meet the relevant regulations and protect customers from potential harm with chemical testing and analysis services from SGS.
Consumer goods are subject to a multitude of legal regulations, standards and certifications as well as NGO (Non-governmental Organization) requirements going beyond even the legal scope. We have the expertise and technical resources to help you comply with international regulations, your technical specifications and NGO requirements.
With our global network of chemical testing laboratories you can rely on us to test for compliance against RoHS, REACH, VOC, eco testing to name but a few. We also conduct heavy metals analysis. We will design a program of testing to meet your requirements. All services are available individually or as part of a tailor made package.
Use our chemical analysis methods to test goods including, but not limited to:
- Packaging & Paper
- Detergents & cleaning products
- Hygiene products
- Materials in food contact
- Outdoor gear
- Electrical and electronic products
Consumer goods regulations are stringent, especially in the European Union. Consumers, retailers and NGOs place increasingly high demands on the quality of both raw materials and products. Manufacturers face many challenges during production and it is their responsibility to ensure products do not cause harm to human health when used by consumers under normal and foreseeable conditions.
SGS provides manufacturers, distributors and suppliers of consumer goods with total solutions, advice and support in all aspects of product quality assurance.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. Our international network of laboratories can conduct a series of chemical, mechanical or physical property tests to ensure the safety of your products and get them to market as quickly and safely as possible.
SGS Korea provides the testing services below for restricted substances:
- Halogen compounds (F, Cl, Br, I) test
- Phthalates (DEHP, DBP, BBP, DIDP, DIBP etc.) test
- Brominated flame retardents (HBCDD, TBBPA etc.) test
- Chlorinated compounds (BPA, PCBs, PCNs, PCTs, MCCP, SCCP etc.) test
- Other heavy metals (As, Sb, Be, P etc.) test
- Ni release (EN1811, EN12472) test
- Asbestos test
- Organotin compounds (TBT, TPT, DBT, DOT, MBT etc.) test
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) test
- Aldehydes (Formaldehyde etc.) test
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) test
- PFOS & PFOA test
- DMF test
- Ozone depleting substances (ODS) test
- Food contact materials. (MFDS, US FDA, EU FCM, GB etc.) test
- ELV (Cd, Pb, Hg, Cr6+) test
- Automotive order (VDA270, MS300-34, GMW3205 etc.) test
- Automotive VOCs emission (MS300-55, Ms300-57, GMW15634, etc.) test
- Physical properties (ISO, ASTM) test
- CE RoHS (RoHS 2) & WEEE
- KOREA RoHS
- Small chamber test (20L) – Eco mark
- Other restricted substance tests
- Other analysis services by our global network
- Consulting and seminars