Mining RoHS for Retailers
As a retailer importing electrical and electronic products into the European Union it is your responsibility to prove that your stock complies with relevant RoHS testing legislation and guidelines.
To manage your supply chain, from raw material to components and shipment requires an effective and robust quality management system. You need to have a test and control mechanism in place to ensure, and prove, that imported products meet the necessary requirements.
SGS has a Modular RoHS Concept for Retailer/Importers which provides a comprehensive solution that meets the European Union’s RoHS regulations, such as RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC. Additionally, you can combine this solution with our other inspection services including Final Random Inspection and quality or environmental management system certification.
Our Modular RoHS Concept helps you to manage risk in the supply chain by breaking the manufacturing process down into three modules:
- Component (Material) Testing
- Technical Inspection/Screening
- RoHS Factory Inspection/Audit
You can combine these modules to achieve a tailor made quality and control system to meet your needs. Our global network of experts and laboratories mean this is a flexible and cost effective way to meet your RoHS obligations.
Verify that the appropriate RoHS testing has been completed on products that you import and retail with SGS.
ROHS Testing in Korea
Services offered by SGS Korea for RoHS and other materials include:
- XRF testing for raw materials and parts
- Creation of MSDS for raw materials
- RoHS testing for raw materials and parts
- Verification of RoHS for modules and finished products
- VoC and CoC of RoHS for modules and finished products
- Creation of RoHS II(2011/65/EU) Technical Document (TD)
- Consultations and free and paid seminars (Seminar visits are possible.)