Mining SGS RoHS Certification Mark
Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) certification will smooth your products’ path to market anywhere in the world.
Manufacturers must meet the relevant RoHS regulations in every market where products will be sold.
SGS’s RoHS program helps companies minimize the financial and administrative burden of RoHS compliance. Our program is a single product certification which can be extended to a product series provided the range uses the same raw materials, similar management system and the basic design has not significantly changed.
The SGS RoHS Certification Mark is independent verification of your compliance to RoHS. It demonstrates your commitment to quality and achieving consistent production.
The first step is for you to complete all relevant technical documentation. This will be followed by assessment of your needs, carried out by one of our trained RoHS specialists. If you already have test reports for all homogenous components no further testing will be necessary. If not, we will carry out the relevant tests in one of our 26 RoHS accredited testing labs. A factory assessment follows sampling materials and finished products at the end of your production line. You will need to correct any defects as soon as possible. An independent review of your factory assessment and sample testing results is carried out before a certification decision is made.
On successful completion SGS will issue you with your RoHS certificate and RoHS mark for the certified products. RoHS certification is valid for five years.
With a proven track record in product safety certification our global network of RoHS accredited labs and specialists are the ideal partner to verify your compliance to RoHS.
SGS Korea provides the testing services below for restricted substances:
- Halogen compounds (F, Cl, Br, I) test
- Phthalates (DEHP, DBP, BBP, DIDP, DIBP etc.) test
- Brominated flame retardents (HBCDD, TBBPA etc.) test
- Chlorinated compounds (BPA, PCBs, PCNs, PCTs, MCCP, SCCP etc.) test
- Other heavy metals (As, Sb, Be, P etc.) test
- Ni release (EN1811, EN12472) test
- Asbestos test
- Organotin compounds (TBT, TPT, DBT, DOT, MBT etc.) test
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) test
- Aldehydes (Formaldehyde etc.) test
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) test
- PFOS & PFOA test
- DMF test
- Ozone depleting substances (ODS) test
- Food contact materials. (MFDS, US FDA, EU FCM, GB etc.) test
- ELV (Cd, Pb, Hg, Cr6+) test
- Automotive order (VDA270, MS300-34, GMW3205 etc.) test
- Automotive VOCs emission (MS300-55, Ms300-57, GMW15634, etc.) test
- Physical properties (ISO, ASTM) test
- CE RoHS (RoHS 2) & WEEE
- KOREA RoHS
- Small chamber test (20L) – Eco mark
- Other restricted substance tests
- Other analysis services by our global network
- Consulting and seminars